Daily shipments have become standard for many residents thanks to the rise of online shopping. You love the convenience of having items left right at your main entry, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a real concern, but you have the chance to do something about it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are effective tools to deter porch pirates, but they give you so much more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an essential facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Fargo video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to advance. You are now able to set up detection zones, talk to people in front of your door, and obtain immediate alerts whenever something is dropped off.
The simplest way to see how a Fargo video doorbell camera works is to look at the numerous perks it gives you. Consider the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading crime with warning lights and audible alarms. This is a great way to let prowlers know that you are watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the complete picture, and that should include the faces of people on your porch and items on the surface below. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid streams any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the benefit of installing a doorbell camera? Top models will include amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to receive instant updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between visitors and packages.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody standing at your front door? Reciprocal audio lets you find out their purpose for being there. You might even use this handy feature to frighten off people lurking around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will let you minimize false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the option to access current and recorded video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to access them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, show you what’s going on, and even let you talk with the individual at your door. These components have turned into must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.